Friday, December 2, 2011

Samosas for the 99%

Name: Himalayan Heritage
Address: 2305 18th St. NW, Adams Morgan, Washington, DC

The last two months took me from busy to busier as I became involved in OccupyDC. While life as the 99 percent most definitely isn't honey, there are some awesome kickbacks. First, I've met amazing people. Second, I had fascinating and (mostly) positive mind-blowing conversations with people from all walks of life. Third, I got to experience DC nightlife (read: meetings at the 24/7 McDonalds).

Meetings typically ran until midnight, after which I'd head home with my committee friends. Although we live in the same neighborhood, there's enough of a distance between our homes that we could either take separate buses/bike, or extend our time together by walking (not barefoot, sans snow) home (uphill, one way).


One night we picked up Indian take-out from Himalayan Heritage. I wasn't particularly hungry and had eaten Indian the day before. Nonetheless, I'm always ready for samosas and always excited for an opportunity to blog.


The samosas were delicous. The dough was a bit thick, but it was quite crispy and the filling was properly seasoned with cumin and coriander seeds. It was too late, and I was too tired to remember much more. But I'd definitely eat a Himalayan Heritage samosa again!



Thumbs up from DecCom!

No comments:

Post a Comment